So, why is applying oil to your face so beneficial?
What are the benefits of cleansing oils?
Several beauty brands sell cleansing oils. Yes, an oil to clean your face. Still, you may be thinking... why anyone would want to slather oil on their face to clean it. Trust us, the benefits are astounding.
Instead of harsh soaps and face washes that strip your skin's natural oils, try oil cleansing. Oil cleansing is an ancient Korean beauty ritual credited with producing clear dewy skin.
Oil cleansing balances oil production, heals acne, melts makeup, as well as nourishing and hydrating the skin, leaving it silky smooth.
These are the main benefits of cleansing oils:
– Cleanses impurities and dead skin cells.
– Hydrates and softens the skin.
– Gently cleanses the face without drying it out.
– Natural makeup remover
When choosing a cleansing oil, make sure to read the label and choose one designed for your skin type.
Not sure how to oil cleanse or where to start?
- Contrary to your usual face washing ritual, cleansing oil goes straight from dry hands to a dry face. Go easy! A 50 pence-sized drop will be enough for it to smooth over skin, friction (and drip!) free.
- Good cleansing oils will have no problem melting make-up and impurities in one go, so no need to remove your make-up first. Simply massage in the oil into the skin skin for 1-2 minutes.
- This will gently dissolve make-up, dirt and any oil on your face (not even on stubborn waterproof mascara can stand up to our cleansing oil!).
- Next rinse away with warm water. You can do this with either your fingers or a very soft face cloth.
- One of the reasons that Cleansing Oils work so well is that they can give the “ahh of the spa” without leaving the comfort of home with a cleansing oil mini massage.
- Rather than rinsing the oil away as soon as you’ve cleansed, spend a bit more time massaging it into skin in small, circular motions to dislodge grime and give your skin a feel-good glow.
If you’ve read this far chances are you’ve heard of double-cleansing. But have you tried it?
It’s the ultimate skin refresh (to really help deep cleanse your skin!), and a great way to add a cleansing oil to your routine if you’re staying loyal to your daily cleanser. This two-step cleansing revolution doubly rids skin of make-up, dirt, bacteria, and helps protect against dull skin, dryness, and breakouts in the process (sounds good, right?).
Start with a cleansing oil to break down make-up and surface dirt, before following with your favourite rinse-off face wash, to directly deep clean pores. It’s doubly refreshing for your skin, and is a great (once or twice to avoid extra irritation) weekly booster for your skincare routine.
Care by Jords' Nourishing & Cleansing Oil
We suggest using our Nourishing & Cleansing Oil. It can remove makeup, cleanse the skin, and moisturise the skin. It can be used as a shaving cream, to clean makeup brushes, and to treat dandruff. It cleanses your pores thoroughly and gently removes makeup. It's one of our favourites and a true multi-tasker.
Purchase Care by Jords' Nourishing & Cleansing Oil now.