After starting Care By Jords with my mom our natural and organic skincare brand, I've learned a lot about the amazing benefits of hemp oil for your skin. There’s so many that the majority of our products are made with it. Despite the benefits it brings a lot of people are still hesitant to use hemp on their skin so I thought I would take some time and bust some hemp oil myths!
- Hemp will get you high: Sorry to disappoint, but using hemp-based skincare products won't get you high. Our organic hemp oil is low in THC, which is the psychoactive compound that produces the high associated with cannabis use. You won't be seeing unicorns after using our Cannabis Sativa Cleansing Gel.
- Hemp is only for dry skin: Hemp seed oil is lightweight and absorbs easily into the skin, making it suitable for all skin types, even oily and acne-prone skin. Don't be afraid to use hemp-based products if you have oily skin. Our cleansing gel is perfect for you!
- Hemp is only for anti-aging: While hemp seed oil does have anti-aging benefits, it's not just for mature skin. It's effective in treating a range of skin issues, including acne, eczema, and psoriasis. Our cleansing gel has got you covered!
- Hemp is a cure-all: Hemp seed oil can improve skin health and appearance, but it's not a cure-all for all skin problems. If you have more severe skin conditions, you may need to consult a dermatologist. But in the meantime, try our cleansing gel for a refreshing cleanse.
- Hemp is illegal: Hemp-derived skincare products are legal in many countries, including the United States, as long as they contain less than 0.3% THC. Don't worry; our cleansing gel is perfectly legal and safe to use.
- Hemp is comedogenic: Hemp seed oil has a low comedogenic rating, which means it's unlikely to clog pores and cause breakouts. Our cleansing gel will leave your skin feeling clean and fresh without clogging your pores.
- Hemp is a recent discovery: Hemp has been used for centuries for medicinal purposes, including for skin health. It's only in recent years that it's become more popular in skincare products, but its use dates back thousands of years. Our cleansing gel is a modern twist on a timeless ingredient.