What is it and how will it help me? And why is it taking the world by storm?
Oil Cleansing Method (OCM) can help you with almost every single skincare problem you have.
From acne, hyperpigmentation, dark spots and circles and many more.
Why is it taking the world by storm?
The OCM is so popular at the moment because of the prevalent use of harsh ingredients by majority of personal care companies we get our products from.
On one occasion talking with a friend that used to regularly get eye infections and dry skin. She revealed to me that her doctor told explained to her that the ingredients included in the cleanser she was using were in fact that harsh they were irritating her skin and causing the infections.
This is just one case of why people are turning to oil cleansers to help them:
Gently remove makeup from skin
Perform a deep cleanse on pores
Even skin tone
Massage the face - leading to increased circulation and a radiant glow
Rid the skin of acne
Fade and make acne scars disappear
Feeds the skin the nutrients it needs
So why does it work?
Well it comes back to a key homeopathic principle treat like with like.
We all know that oil and water don’t mix so therefore it makes sense that when trying to clean your skin with water no wonder why it’s unable to remove the oil that is clogged in your pores.
So when you do use an oil that is intended to cleanse your skin it will:
- lift excess sebum, the oily substance produced by glands your skin
- clean out clogged pores like blackheads and whiteheads
- remove dead skin, pollutants, and makeup
When traditional cleansers are used they can irritate the skin, cause excessive dryness, increase acne and ultimately result in the skin overproducing oil after washing.
Whereas when oil is used it helps balance the skin and lock in hydration. Oils used for cleansing may also have healing properties, important nutrients, or other skin-boosting benefits.
Now some of you may ask won’t it just leave my face oily especially as oil and water don’t mix?
No any good oil cleanser will be formulated using natural ingredients that make it so that when water is applied to the the face the oil will turn milk and fall off your skin.
Taking all of the dirt and grime that was once in your skin and clogging your pores with it.
How to oil cleanse
Using our Nourishing & Cleansing Oil the process is pretty straight forward:
- Put 1 to 2 teaspoons of oil in the palm of your hand.
- Apply the oil to your dry face. Use your fingertips to gently massage the oil into the skin for a minute or two to remove impurities like makeup and dead skin cells and let it penetrate the skin.
- Use a damp, warm washcloth to gently wipe away the oil. Be careful not to press too hard or scrub at your skin since this can irritate the skin and cause breakouts. A smooth, soft washcloth is best. You can also just rinse with warm water if you want some of the oil to stay on your skin. Your face should be hydrated when you’re done, but not greasy or overly irritated from wiping it down.
- Pat dry with a towel and apply moisturizer if you feel you need it. For the best results use a facial mist straight after to help lock in moisture and enhance benefits gained from the super ingredients in the oil.
How often should you oil cleanse?
You should oil cleanse no more than once a day, as a part of your nighttime skincare routine so your skin is well-hydrated for bed and the ingredients are given enough time to work their magic.