12 Ideas for Valentine's Day 2021
- Give your other half a spa treatment - let them de-stress by running a bubble bath, followed by a sensual massage using our Unique Hair & Body Oil
- Music and dancing - create your own intimate playlist of both slow and fast songs you know they love (only do this if you know they love to dance)
- Create art together - if your other half is creative and embraces that side of themselves set up all the supplies and have their favourite drink waiting for when they get home.
- Create a grand entrance - Surprise your partner right when they walk through the door with a grand entrance that leads them to a second surprise. Aside from the classic rose petal trail, you could decorate the foyer with balloons or streamers and a trail of photos of the two of you. You could even change things up with a trail of wrapped candy or a message spelled out letter by letter.
- Send them a care package - A care package is a great gift because you can customize it to his specific interests and needs. Try including a combination of a sweet treat, something on his wish list and a thoughtful DIY gift — something that reminds him of you, like a miniature of your city’s landmark. Care By Jords offers great care packages that combat skincare concerns your partner may have and would be the perfect gift.
- Deliver food to them - If you know their favourite local takeaway or even desert shop call in or go online to have food delivered to your partners door.
- Relive your first date - wear the same or a similar outfit, order similar food to what you ate or watch the same movie that you went to see. It will be a really nice way to reminisce and see how far you have come as a couple.
- Scavenger Hunt - Use DIY trinkets and funny Valentine objects as clues to create a fun, interactive scavenger hunt that will send him on a journey to find a present, date or even you waiting for him at the end. Pro tip, try making each clue a small gift, like candy or a football.
- Breakfast or brunch in bed - Get your partners day off to a great start by serving them breakfast or brunch in bed. Heart shaped pancakes, eggs and potatoes are sure to put a smile on their face, try serving it up with a pink or red smoothie or a refreshing mimosa.
- Write him a letter or poem - In a digitally dominated world, a handwritten letter from the heart is one of the most personal and thoughtful gifts you could give. If you have a way with words, consider writing poetry and reading it aloud for him. If you don’t know what to write on the front of the card or letter, try using a romantic Valentine’s Day quote.
- Set a romantic scene - Create a romantic environment in his or your home as a surprise after a long day at work. Set the mood with candles, special lighting, music and anything else that he likes and get ready for a romantic night in.
- Make him a video, slideshow or framed photo - Gather up some of your best photos and videos that you have together and use a program to create a video or slideshow of your best moments. If you don’t have enough content or it’s just not your style, consider surprising your boyfriend with a framed photo of the two of you.
Bonus tip - Keep in mind past Valentine’s dates and what you’ve done and your partners interests. Try not to stress too much about your gift. You know your partner better than anyone, so trust your gut when planning your surprise date or gift.